Traveling to france with a guide/assistance dog

French regulations allow access for people with a disability with their guide or assistance dog, when the dog is certified as having received appropriate training. As a team living outside of France, you don't have any French administrative documents, so you may be refused access with your guide or assistance dog.


To facilitate your travel, Canidea offers to provide you without any charge an attestation after verifying certain informations. This attestation has no legal value, but the organizations concerned will recognize it and allow you access with your dog. If access is refused, we will intervene with the organization that refused access.


In accordance with French regulations, only the following specialties are eligible for the attestation:


  • Visual impairment
  • Hearing impairment
  • Motor impairment (as long as the dog does not compensate for the person's balance)
  • Diabetes
  • Epilepsy
  • Autism

To draw up this certificate, you will be asked to provide:


  • a document attesting to your disability and its link with your dog's specialty.
  • a document attesting that your dog has been trained in an IGDF or ADI-affiliated training center.

We will contact the training center to check that your dog is part of the center's active dogs.

Each attestation is numbered and written in English and French. It is valid only in France and for the duration of your stay on French territory.


We reserve the right to refuse to issue the attestation if the criteria are not met. Once the documents have been received and if everything is valid, please allow three weeks for the attestation to be sent to you by email.

By requesting this attestation, you consent to your information being collected and stored in accordance with our privacy policy.

To obtain this attestation, please send us a contact e-mail using the form below (no documents to be attached to this first mail)


In order to send the form, you have to check the box that says "I have read and accept the confidentiality policies".

Note : veuillez remplir les champs marqués d'un *.